Everyone can do fundraising for Nepal. See below for a list of resources to get you started!
Online Direct Contributions – evaluation of relief organizations from Charity Navigator (http://www.charitynavigator.org/)
Steps to use Charity Navigator:
- Read how Charity Navigator works: http://tinyurl.com/pt4bt93. Charity Navigator chooses organizations based on certain criteria (tax status, length of operation, sources of revenue) then puts them into categories so donors can choose from a range of options. They rate each organization based on such rubrics as financial health, accountability, and transparency.
- Chose criteria for choosing organizations.
- Review organizations and select based on criteria.
- Be sure to designate where you want the money to go to when you donate.
Tips for Effective Fundraising: http://www.youcaring.com/fundraising-ideas
Specific Links for Fundraising Ideas
- Penny Drive Challenge: (https://www.facebook.com/events/955554444475433/)
- Next Generation Nepal:(http://www.nextgenerationnepal.org/Fundraising_Ideas_and_Resources) – Night in Nepal, Fashion Show, Auction of Promises, Give as a Company
- Third Eye Foundation (http://www.volunteersummernepal.org/fundraising-ideas) a long list of fundraising ideas
- Foundation Nepal: (http://foundation-nepal.org/ways-fundraise/) ideas for fundraising at work, school, community
- Fundraising ideas – DIY (http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/) wide range of ideas